Page 1   Page 3   Page 4   Page 5   Your link   Search Open Directory   Illegal Immigration   

NEWS and OPINIONS by BILL STANLEY

Only Half Of West Virginia Working Or Looking For Work

(7 Feb 2015) In Nov., only 49.8% of the people in West Virginia were working or looking for work. The national participation rate is 62.7%. North Dakota has a rate of 69.5%. (Source: 14 Jan 2015 Market Watch)

All Net New Jobs Went To Immigrants

(5 Feb 2015) Since 2007, all net employment growth has gone to immigrants. There were 1.5 million fewer natives 16 and older working in November 2014 than were working in November 2007, but the number of immigrants working increased 2 million. Net employment was up half a million, but all growth went to immigrants. (Sources: Bureau of Labor Statistics, Center for Immigration Studies)

Terrible Government Health Insurance Financed Almost Entirely By Taxpayers

(5 Feb 2015) More than 20% of residents are enrolled in Medicaid. The Dept. of Health and Human Services Office Of Inspector General conducted an audit of Medicaid. Appointments were attempted with a stratified random sample of 1,800 doctors listed as accepting patients through Medicaid managed care plans. Fewer than half of the attempts were successful. Doctors had retired, moved, left the group, stopped accepting Medicaid or weren’t taking new Medicaid patients. More than 25% of the appointments were more than 1 month away. 10% were more than 2 months away. (Source: 14 Jan 2015 The Hill)

1 Out Of Every 5 Households Receives Food Stamps

(2 Feb 2015) In Oct., 19.7% of households were on food stamps. (Source: 13 Jan CNS News)

Obama Care Primarily Expanding Medicaid

(2 Feb 2015) Approximately 60% of the newly insured through Obama Care were enrolled in Medicaid. Only 69% of physicians accept Medicaid patients and the patients wait an average of 42 days to see a doctor. (Source: Health Affairs, 14 Jan 2015 National Review)

1st U.S. Offshore Wind Project Has No Buyers Of Its Electricity

(28 Jan 2015) The $2.6 billion Cape Wind project, a private operation benefiting from millions in federal subsidies, would have wind turbines installed off the coast of Massachusetts' Cape Cod. 2 utility companies, NSTAR and National Grid, terminated their agreements to purchase 77.5% of the project's electricity when Cape Wind failed to secure financing and begin construction by Dec. 31. Cape Wind had also been unable to find a buyer for the other 22.5%. (Source: 23 Jan 2015 FOX News)

Michigan Has More Food Stamp Recipients Than Government K-12 Students

(28 Jan 2015) Michigan has 1.68 million food stamp (SNAP) recipients and 1.56 million public school students. (Sources: U.S. Agriculture Dept., Michigan Dept. of Education, 29 Dec 2014 Breitbart News)

I Am Sure Glad We Have The 1 Percenters

(8 Jan 2015) In 2012, 136.1 million federal personal income tax returns were filed with adjusted gross incomes (AGIs) of $9.04 trillion. Total taxes were $1.185 trillion. The 1% of returns with the highest AGIs reported 21.9% of the income and paid 38.1 % of the taxes. The bottom 90% paid only 29.8% of the taxes. The top 50% paid 96.7% of the taxes. The top 1% paid an effective income tax rate of 22.8% and the bottom 50% paid an effective rate of 3.28%. (Sources: IRS, 22 Dec 2014 Tax Foundation)

Student Loans Exceed $1 Trillion

(8 Jan 2015) In Nov. 2014, the federal direct student loan balance was $0.81 trillion. In Sept. 2014, the total federal and private student loan balance was $1.13 trillion. (Sources: Treasury Dept., Federal Reserve Bank of New York)

Federal Bureaucrats Delay Oil, Natural Gas, Coal And Wind Projects For 6 Years

(1 Jan 2015) Sales of leases on 8.1 million acres of federal oil, natural gas, coal and wind energy parcels in 7 states have been on hold since 2008 by the Bureau of Land Management because of sage grouse. The 6-yer delay is in spite of the sage grouse being neither endangered (there are 500,000) or protected. During this time, the national active federal oil / natural gas lease acreage has decreased more than 20% to 26.6 million acres. The regulatory effort related to the sage grouse includes overhauling 99 federal land-use plans. Since 2008, only 1 plan has been completed. (Source: 5 Dec 2014 Associated Press)

Return To Page 1
Go To Page 3
Go To Page 4
Go To Page 5


This site is © Copyright Bill Stanley 2010, All Rights Reserved.
Free website templates
Google Search
AWARDSPACE Web Host
Bing Search
Clusty Search
Yahoo Search
ExactSeek Search
ScrubTheWeb Search